NUST Students Against Crime
1. NUST Students Against Crime aim to prevent crime through educating students and staff on crime related issues happening in and around campus, the responsibility to help out the vulnerable groups outside the campus.
It was established in 2013, but was officially launched on the 1st October 2014 by then Khomas Police Regional Commander Commissioner Desiderius Shilunga. It is founded by Elifas Helao Andreas and Michael Kauseb, who believe that things can no longer continue the same; it is time to intervene and stop the ongoing stealing of student’s properties among others.
2. GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- To prepare students for a crime-free country.
- To minimise and eradicate crime among students. i.e. theft
- To educate students and staff on crime prevention
- To assist campus control and securities in its activities
- To provide safety tips to students and staff through crime awareness campaigns.
- Encourage students to participate in community policing.
- To promote, protect and preserve the campus expectation of a peaceful and safe existence, while affording dignity and respect for all persons.
- To be a premier club striving to be a professional, continuously improving the NUST environment in terms of safety, devoted to make our campus a preferred place to live, learn and work.
5. IMPACT ON STUDENTS
Since the establishment of NUST Students Against Crime, majority of students are aware that the key to safety is a personal responsibility. And together we say, Safety is a personal responsibility, be alert, be safe. In a nutshell, it brought a sense of responsibility among the students.
6. NUST Students Against Crime is open to all NUST students who are not criminals. New members can join anytime as we join forces to accomplish the objectives of NUST students against crime.
Founder and President: Elifas Helao 081 481 7883