Geomatics (including geomatics engineering), also known as surveying engineering or geospatial science (including geospatial engineering and geospatial technology), is the discipline of gathering, storing, processing, and delivering geographic information or spatially referenced information. In other words, it "consists of products, services and tools involved in the collection, integration and management of geographic data.
We, the students of the Geomatics programme, at the Namibia University of Science and Technology, believing that a mark of distinction should be placed on the undergraduate who has upheld the honour of the programme by high scholastic ability, and believing that a society with the broad principles of scholarship, character, practicality, and sociability would be an incentive to greater achievements in the Geomatics profession.
- To contribute to the improvement of the Geomatics profession as an instrument for the betterment of society,
- To facilitate links between students interested in Geomatics, industry partners and the careers and employment department to resource students about the employment industry,
- To provide a social outlet for students interested in Geomatics of all year levels and with staff in the Geomatics section,
- To be a support network for all students of all year levels interested in Geomatics,
- To foster interaction and shared experience by current students in all year levels with students who have graduated with a Geomatics Degree, Diploma or Major, as appropriate.
President: EM Nzundamo
Email: email@example.com(link sends e-mail)
Secretary General: CC Chataa