Marvellous Shilongo, who studied economics graduated with an economics degree in 2019, is now self-employed. She is currently pursuing her honours.
Alumni and NUST Foundation
Welcome to the
Department of Alumni and NUST Foundation /
This department promotes activities that improves student experience, encourages student-alumni interaction, creates a platform for networking and cultivate relationships between past, present and future students.
The Alumni Association strives to foster a proactive NUST community through alumni engagements designed to improve student welfare and institutional infrastructure.
- The Alumni Association celebrates and builds traditions, fostering lifelong relationships by engaging alumni, students, parents, and friends who support NUST.
- The Alumni Association serves the diverse needs and interests of our community and alumni network through educational opportunities, campus, local, and regional events, benefits and services, and communication strategies.
Email us at: email@example.com
|Hepuree N Murangi||Alumni Officer||+264 61 207 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Etjo Katjivena||Alumni Assistantemail@example.com|
|Cobus Myburgh||Senior Project and Fundraising Officerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Benhard Mbaeva||Project and Fundraising Officer||+264 61 207 email@example.com|
- Promote the interests, welfare and educational aims of NUST and its alumni by providing opportunities for alumni to remain connected to the University.
- Establish and maintain a mutually beneficial relationship between NUST and its alumni and enhance the image and standing of the University as a premier as a science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) university in the local, regional and international education sector.
- Encourage lifelong learning, intellectual enrichment and career growth.
- Provide for the exchange of information and ideas between NUST and its alumni and provide opportunities for current students and alumni, to meet and to serve as advocates for the University. This is in order to initiate seminars, lectures and other academic functions for the benefit of the alumni.
- Seek to develop activities involving alumni in various areas of service to NUST and to promote and elevate the stature of the University within industry, community and society.
- Uphold a healthy spirit of pride and loyalty amongst members and to serve as a medium through which alumni may support and advance the pursuit of academic excellence at the University.
- Where appropriate, cooperate in instituting and furthering policies and activities of NUST and recommend other policies and activities designed to promote the welfare of the University and its alumni.
- Assist and support the efforts of the University in obtaining funds for development and to assist less- privileged students.
- Guide and assist alumni who have recently completed their studies through networking opportunities and to engage in productive pursuits useful to society.