- Oversees the NUST’s academic programmes by working with academic deans, faculty and staff to develop, implement, review and evaluate academic programmes.
- Promotes a research culture within the Namibia University of Science and Technology through excellence in teaching, learning and applied research amongst faculty and students.
- Sets academic standards and develops academic policies for the Institution.
- Oversees academic discussions on matters of teaching, learning and assessment.
- Promotes the philosophy of Science, Engineering, Technology and Mathematic (STEM) at Namibia University of Science and Technology.
- Oversees eLearning activities and use of technology in teaching, learning and assessment.
The Office of the DVC:A is responsible for activities in the office of the Registrar, the Centre for Lifelong Learning (COLL) and the Cooperative Education Unit (CEU), and also for all Committees of the Senate and School Board of Studies (BOS) for all seven (6) faculties.