Our revised Strategic Plan 2021-2025 provides for our commitment to the design and delivery of excellent teaching and learning to enhance NUST distinctiveness, reputation and student success. The embedded university-wide holistic academic and student support model is paramount to widen access and success and meet our commitments to the nation. This commitment is realistic by delivering a quality, responsive and flexible student experience with high levels of student satisfaction to contribute to a robust and agile Teaching Excellence Framework.
- Oversees the NUST’s academic programmes by working with academic deans, faculty and staff to develop, implement, review and evaluate academic programmes.
- Promotes a research culture within the Namibia University of Science and Technology through excellence in teaching, learning and applied research amongst faculty and students.
- Sets academic standards and develops academic policies for the Institution.
- Oversees academic discussions on matters of teaching, learning and assessment.
- Promotes the philosophy of Science, Engineering, Technology and Mathematic (STEM) at Namibia University of Science and Technology.
- Oversees eLearning activities and use of technology in teaching, learning and assessment.
The Office of the DVC:TLT is responsible for activities in the office of the Registrar, the Centre for Lifelong Learning (COLL) and the Cooperative Education Unit (CEU), and also for all Committees of the Senate and School Board of Studies (BOS) for all four (4) faculties.