The Business Systems and Processes Unit provides the following services within the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT)
- Access and support of staff and students using the ITS system at the institution
- Developing and launching efficient business processes engineering, financial and operation systems across all spheres at the institution
- Maintaining infrastructure related to the use of the ITS System
- Coordinating the use of new systems and subsystems
- Operational management of the ITS system
- Continually enhancing the quality of the ITS system.
- Training of staff on the ITS system
The Business and Processes unit is committed to service delivery, pedagogic innovation and is dispersed across students, academic staff and NUST regional centres.
Services offered and supported by the ITS System:
• STUDENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM:
Bursaries and loans
Lecturer iEnabler comprising the information of student data, insertion of marks, computation of student marks, mark approvals.
Interactive Voice Response (SMS)
Student IEnabler comprising of Online Registration, On-line applications, Student Enquirer and Administrator (Financial statements, Examination timetable, Tasks/Test Progress Report, Examination Results, ICOMMS letters to students, etc.)
Student Mobi system used for elections.
• FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS:
Income and Expenditure Budget system
• HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS:
Salary Budgeting system
Personnel iEnabler comprising of an on-line payslip, leave system, probation, claims, etc.
• SUPPORTER SYSTEMS:
Vehicle Reservation system
Meal system for the Dean of Students
Clinic management system for the Dean of Students