Role of the R & S division
The Recruitment and Selection Division (R & S) aims to support the University’s strategy and transformation plan by recruiting and selecting faculty of the highest calibre to meet and achieve the University’s operational needs and strategic objectives.
The Recruitment and Selection Division commits to:
- Meeting immediate and future staffing needs;
- Building organisational capabilities;
- Enhancing the university’s competitive advantage through talent acquisition;
- Increasing productivity through high performing staff;
- Becoming an employer of choice; and
- Reducing poor performance owing to poor job fit/placement.
- Human Resources Planning: Forecast the human resources needs of the University.
- Recruitment: Attract and select talented individuals the required knowledge, skills and abilities within the organization and externally for job vacancies and ensuring that appointments take place in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Selection: Identifying appointable candidates by diligently reviewing all applications, shortlisting candidates, interviewing, and subjecting them to relevant competency based assessment tests.
- Remuneration: Determining and offering market related salaries commensurate to the position in line with the remuneration policy.
- Job Evaluation: Ensure that all jobs within the institution are evaluated, using an objective and reliable job grading system.
- Work Permits and Visa’s: Oversee and ensure that all Non-Namibians have valid work permits or work visas before they assume employment at the University.
- Relocation: Oversee the smooth relocation of employees recruited outside Windhoek and the borders of Namibia.