The club’s official name will be “NUST ACCOUNTING STUDEDNTS SOCIETY”, and may be referred to as “NUSTAS” and the “Accounting Society”. No other name will be used in the advertisement or representation of the club.
The club’s mandate will be as follows:
The Accounting Society exists to provide exciting and unique opportunities for accounting students to interact with each other, and with staff members and Accounting professionals from industry. The Society will strive to keep accounting students informed of happenings in the field of accounting as well as opportunities available to them
- The Accounting Society will hold campus activations at the yellow benches to engage students on accounting topics
- Inform members of bursary, scholarship, internship, and networking opportunities
- Plan exertions for Society members for professional as well as community building purposes.
- Invite industry professionals onto campus as motivators and guest lecturers
- Assist members in finding academic help, i.e providing past question papers and arrange for tutors
To create community amongst Accounting students and offer guidance on opportunities available to an Accounting graduate.
- Membership shall be limited to persons officially connected with NUST as Accounting Students or graduates, faculty/administrators (with voting privileges restricted to students);
- Membership in The Accounting Society shall not be limited to persons based on their race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, ability, gender expression, gender identity or sexual orientation;
- Executive members shall be undergraduate students and at least one faculty or staff member;
- Removal of membership
- Members may pursue resignation by contacting the secretary via email
- If deemed necessary, a person's membership may be reviewed by the club officers for repeated or serious violations of the club constitution. Members may also be expelled by a unanimous vote of the club officers for gross ethical or professional misconduct.
- Dues for The Accounting Society will be established by the Executive Committee annually before the official opening of the university.
- Payment of membership fees must be made into the Society’s account at the University cashier and the receipt given to the secretary to be an active member of the Society.
- The Accounting Society will fund its activities from membership dues, fundraising projects and external sponsorship (subject to approval by student services).