- This serves to inform, that the University has officially communicated with the Ministry of Home Affairs, Immigration, Safety and Security about Student Permits of Senior Students that are expiring on 28 February 2021.
- Upon receipt of the information, the Ministry has directed that Senior Students whose Permits are expiring on the 28th of February 2021, must apply for a Visitor Entry Permit before 28 February 2021 (at own cost) to legalise their stay in Namibia at the Ministry.
- The Ministry has also urgently requested the list of all Senior Students who are affected, before Wednesday, 17 February 2021.
- If you are affected by the expiry, kindly and urgently forward your name to:
- Regarding New International Students who will be studying at NUST while based in Namibia, kindly apply for your Student Permit at the Ministry Head Office in Independence Avenue. Officials from the Ministry will not come to NUST, as it has been a practice in the past. Please take along Proof of Registration or Provisional Admission Letter.
- The Department would also like to provide information about Student Permit applications of International Students who will be studying virtually in their countries of origin.
- The Ministry has informed, that for International Students who will be studying virtually in their home countries, there is no need to apply for Student Permits.
- These students, however, will have to apply for Short-term Student Permits that are issued within 10 days from the date of application when coming to the University for face-to-face instruction, and to write tests and examinations.
- The Ministry has, however, kindly advised that International Students who wish to have their Student Permits over the duration of their studies are encouraged to do so to avoid inconveniences.