The Examination Department, with a staff complement of 8, offers the students and the academic staff of the Namibia University of Science and Technology support services in so far as administration of formal examination is concerned. This unit, co-ordinated by the Registrar’s Office, aims at providing a controlled, well-organized and safe environment for examinations.
The Department further focuses on the following key activities:
- Conducting of examinations, which includes:
- Finalization of June and November examination timetables
- Assisting students on the Student I-enabler
- Setting up of examination venues
- The preparation of examination papers for every examination session
- Dispatching of examination papers to the Regional Centres / abroad
- Handling/processing of applications for Remarking and Rechecking
- Administration of extra writing time for students with special needs Capturing of examination results on ITS
- Release of examination results after approval by the Executive Committee of Senate (Senex).