Aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of the Media and Communications Society will be:
• To create a forum to edit, support and promote media and communication student’s class and personal writing.
• To create a network of past, current and future media and communications students and enthusiasts.
• To develop a social space for those who want to gain entry into the media and communications work and study fields.
• To develop and refine the necessary professional skills for a career in media and communications.
• To provide a structure and a friendly atmosphere for communication related activities at the Namibian University of Science and Technology.
• To represent The Namibian University of Science and Technology at off-campus communication and media activities
Vision and Mission Statement
The Media and Communications Society (MACS) offers a refuge for media- minded and communications students whether you’re interested in journalism, copy writing, creative writing, editing, PR, marketing, social media or content creation in general.
As a society, we want to promote inclusivity and facilitate personal development by connecting media and communication studies with industry professionals and real world opportunities. Through social events, educational support and networking opportunities, we aim to empower media and communication students with practical skills and experience to complement their studies.
Membership shall be open to any person who wishes to further the interests of the society.
To ensure all present and future members receive fair and equal treatment.: Membership should consist of officers and members of the club.
All members will be subject to the regulations of the constitution and by joining the Media and communications society will be deemed to accept these regulations and codes of practice that the club has adopted.
Membership fees will be set annually and agreed by the Executive/ Management Committee or determined at the Annual General Meeting.
Fees will be paid as an annual subscription.
Founder and President
Public Relations Officer