NUST is Namibia’s premier technological university known for knowledge creation through innovation and entrepreneurship. The University is recruiting a visionary, dynamic, and innovative leader to support the Vice-Chancellor.
DEPUTY VICE-CHANCELLOR: ADMINISTRATION AND FINANCE
The Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor: Administration and Finance is responsible for the Strategi administration and financial governance of the University.
Job Requirements and Competencies
- A Chartered Accountancy with a relevant Master’s degree or MBA, or a PhD (NQF Level 10) in management.
- Expert knowledge of and insight into the higher education landscape will be an advantage.
- Ten years experience in strategic planning, administrative and financial management of which five years must have been in a senior management position (Director, CFO, COO, Bursar).
- In-depth understanding of strategic organisational and business processes.
- Strong analytical skills and interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model.
- High-level technical and decisional-making skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of budget preparation (capital and expenditure) and fiscal control.
Key Performance Areas
The Deputy Vice- Chancellor: Administration and Finance carries the following responsibilities:
- Strategic management of the University’s administrative and finance functions.
- Ensure effective support services to achieve institutional strategies.
- Oversee the management and development of human resources, finances, student services, information and communication technology and facilities.
- Coordinate the preparation and management of the University’s budget and ensuring effective resource utilisation and compliance with policies and international best practices.
- Maintain strong relations with the Government and other stakeholders.
Term of Office
Five (5) years, with eligibility for reappointment based on satisfactory performance.
Ms Sylvia Schubert
T: +264 61 207 2948