TheGeoinformation Students Society, is for students and other individuals dealing with Geoinformation as a science that encompasses spatial disciplines. These disciplines range from Geographical Information System (GIS) technology, remote sensing, programming and spatial statistics. This society seeks to create and environment for information exchange and skills enhancement through knowledge amongst the students and other individuals of the GIS community under a collective structure.
Article II. Purpose:
- To support, promote and advocate the growth of the GIT field;
- To promote and improve the exchange of ideas and all information relating to GIT;
- To improve the understanding, and proper application of GIT procedures among members and students; and
- To serve as a forum to encourage GIS professional development and hold GIT based discussions.
Article III. Objectives:
- Serve as an intermediary between the GTS members, the students, and, GIT related body corporations, events and organizations;
- To promote and coordinate activities and directions with other professional organisations involved with GIT activities;
- Facilitate a GIT platform of interaction for discussions and community forums towards the GIT industry developments and changes thereof; and
- Aid members and students for GIT related issues.