The Master of Integrated Water Resources Management is designed to have 240 credits at NQF Level 9. The programme aims to create a fertile niche area where applied research in water resources can be enhanced in future. The programme will be a combination of coursework and a thesis; therefore, research will be embedded in the whole programme. Though the final thesis will be a very important output, the laboratory work, field reports and team projects will also foster research at both individual and collective levels. This Master’s degree aims at producing middle and high level professionals who can analyse and produce practical solutions to the water related problems of the country and beyond. Indeed, with the theoretical foundation provided as part of the coursework, the graduates should be able to play their role in the management of water resources as individuals and as part of a team.
Programme Outcomes at Exit Level (Qualification Outcomes)
Upon completing this programme, students will be able to:
• Act as agents of development and change, thus contributing to the indigenous development of infrastructure, industry and trade;
• Provide expert professional services in the form of consultancy to industry as well as public and private organisations and institutions;
• Engage effectively at strategic level as learned individuals (and as members of a team) in the area of private-public partnering in development especially in the area of water resources management;
• Plan and conduct a substantial piece of original applied research to internationally recognised standards in the area of water resources and services management to benefit the country, the region and beyond.
• Contribute to Namibia’s competitiveness in research, consultancy and community services/functions in the country, region, and beyond.
• Demonstrate competence to become entrepreneurs in the field of water resources management (creating jobs for themselves and others).
Engineering managers, Senior Engineers, Consultants, Researchers, Academics, etc.
Some of the Subjects You Will Study
|Course Code Course Title Prerequisite|
|IWR910S Integrated Water Resource Management None|
|QEM910S Water Quality & Environmental Management None|
|HDG910S Hydrogeology None|
|RAP920S||Water Resources Analysis & Planning||None|
|EQP920S||Environmental Water Quality Processes||None|
|WSM910S||Water Supply Management||None|
|TWM911S||Thesis Integrated Water Resources Management||Research Methodology|
|TWM912X||Thesis Integrated Water Resources Management||Research Methodology|
Welcome to NUST
Sonja Samuels: BAM September 2017
Faculty of Natural Resources and Spatial Sciences
Dr. Kwaambwa calls for use of Miracle tree
The Namibia University of Science and Technology welcomes all queries and suggestions via our contact page. For detailed enquiries please fill in our Advanced Enquiries form on the main Enquiries page.Private Bag 13388 Windhoek, Namibia 13 Jackson Kaujeua Street, Windhoek, Namibia email@example.com Student Registration Enquiries :
+264-61-207-2056 Student Fees and Payments :
+264-61-207-9888 Centre for Open and Lifelong Learning:
+264-61-207-9777 Fax: +264-61-207-2444 Switchboard: +264-61-207-9111
Students ICT Support
Search on NUST
Please take the time to properly fill out the Enquiry form! This helps us in determining who would be the best contact person to help you further.