Mr Morné Du Toit is the new Deputy Vice-Chancellor: Administration and Finance of NUST. His predecessor, Dr Gert Günzel, will be retiring from the Institution this year after having served collectively for about 33 years in senior positions at the then College for Out-of-School Training under the Academy for Tertiary Education, which later merged with Technikon Namibia to become the Polytechnic of Namibia in 1995, and now NUST.
Mr Du Toit has vast experience in the higher education sector and the following are some of the roles he has assumed over the years:
- Director: Finance and Procurement, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia (2013-2018)
- Chief Executive Officer: Aspire Group (Pty) Ltd, South Africa (2009-2013)
- Associate Director: KPMG, South Africa (2007-2008)
- Associate Professor: University of Johannesburg, South Africa (2005-2006)
- Senior Lecturer: University of Johannesburg, South Africa (2000-2005)
- Senior Accountant: PriceWaterhouseCoopers, South Africa (1995-1999)
Mr Du Toit is a Chartered Accountant (South Africa) and holds a Master’s degree in Commerce from the University of Johannesburg.